John R. Carroll

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 08:39:17 GMT, the blithe spirit Gunner Asch
clearly indicated:

So John..as a leg..how long does it take to mobilize a division thats
not a fast reaction group?

Quick questions: Should ANY division during wartime NOT be a
fast-reaction group? When the main forces of our army are in
other parts of the world fighting pseudo-wars, should'nt all
the remaining forces be at a high readiness? They're our sole-
remaining military defense on our soil, right?
/rhetorical questions

Larry,
You couldn't do that and wouldn't want to. It is a bad idea and not really
required. The US does have fast reaction forces and the statute that put
them on the map ( Reagan signed it I think) was pretty specific as to
numbers and capabilities. I visited one of these units in the Florida
panhandle on a job once and they are pretty cool. You just have to see a
solid 105mm field howitzer to believe it.
In any event, there was no shortage of regular Army assets at a high enough
state of readiness.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.