Abrasha

Marc wrote:

Hay abrasive, you should remember you are not from around here, get your
flaming fag French ass on a plane and go back to France.

FYI, I am not French, I am Dutch. And the Dutch as you may know have
their own history with the dangers of living under sea level. Almost
the entire country is under water, and protected only by dunes and
dikes. Part of our "survival plan" has always been, that every Dutch
citizen learns to swim at a very early age.

"In February 1953 the Netherlands faced disaster when the dikes
protecting the southwest of the country were breached by the joint
onslaught of a hurricane-force northwesterly wind and exceptionally high
spring tides. The flood came in the night without warning, a fateful
combination of freak high tides and gale-force winds that killed 1,835
people. Almost 200,000 hectares of land was swamped, 3,000 homes and 300
farms destroyed, and 47,000 heads of cattle drowned. Flooding caused by
storm surges were nothing new to the Netherlands, but this time the
nation was stunned by the extent of a disaster unparalleled for
centuries. It was The Netherlands' worst disaster for 300 years."

I was only 5 years old when this happened, yet I remember it vividly.
It did not happen to me or my family directly, but I remember what it
was like. The fear about the water coming. I grew up in The Hague, a
town on the North Sea coast, just about 25 miles north of where the
disaster struck. We spent days glued to the radio.

So instead of choosing to live in a place that could be inundated by
water, I chose a much safer place, ... San Francisco.

See http://www.kloosterman.be/gen-eng-19...d-disaster.php

and to find out how the Dutch have dealt with this threat,

http://www.deltawerken.com/index.php...setlanguage=en

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com