IMM

Default Potterton Netaheat 16-10 Earthing Plate

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 09:26:18 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

The parts supplier the fitter used says the new replacement parts do
not have a long lifetime - but 3 months?

The Neataheat was fine boiler for its day, when it came out 30 years

ago.
It is long past its sell by date. Modern condensing boilers are far

more
efficient, I would consider getting one of these fitted, otherwise you

will
have large bills nickel and diming the Neataheat to keep it going. You

gas
bills will drop approx 30% if installing a new condenser.

Not a very constructive answer in the short term, though.

If DIYing you can get a condesning boier ina days ot so and fit it in. Very
short term.

'The earthing plate corrodes' ... 'get a new boiler'.

Yes. The best thing as he has had three and will continue to replace
expensive parts on this boiler. Just not worth it, time for the scapheap.

We have a Netaheat and it has not failed
since we moved here ten years
ago. Clearly our earthing plate is fine!

Wait until it start to play up and the bills roll in.