doo

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"doo" wrote: (clip) I think if I had made the decision to stay, I would
have filled every container I could find with water. Filled the bathtub,
pots, pans, buckets..anything while the system was working. Stocked up on
canned goods, candles, heating sources. If I hadn't secured a source of
fresh water beforehand, I certainly woudn't be on CNN stranded on the roof
of a hotel, whining about no water. Damn, you got all the water you need,
just gotta make it drinkable. Build a still, burn whatever you have to to
boil it, (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You are unreal! Did you look at any of the pictures of the poor people
struggling to survive? Thousands died. And you think you would have been
on the roof of the house with boxes of canned goods, and tubs of potable
water? Or you're thinking of building a fire to boil the water--on the roof
of the house? Come on!

To me, you are unreal. Yes, a lot of people died. Some lost entire
homes.
But if I had given YOU at least 24 hour notice that power was going
out, water would be unavailable and food scarce, could you not find
SOMETHING to put some water in, maybe grab a can or two of soup or
beans, and head for higher ground?
The people I saw on the news whining about water were on unflooded
streets, on the third floor, and nobody thought to secure basic needs.
(My personal opinion is they partied out them storm, then realized too
late the magnitude)
Also, I can't believe that the people on the rooftops in the harder
hit areas found themselves in twenty feet of water in 30 seconds. They
had time to make the rooftop, they should have had a jug of water or
SOMETHING with them. Hell, they had at least 24 HOURS to prepare. Not
30 seconds.
I don't know about you, but if I were to be found dead, I'd rather it
be drowned, naked, clutching a sack with water and food than from
dehydration, clothed, on a rooftop with a coupon for a free Whopper in
my pocket(which I feel would make me look REAL stupid!).

So, hide in the attic for a tornado, and the basement for a flood.