Marc

Well said....
The stupid ones should have died, now they are going to be a huge drain.
I saw on the news that some guardsmen, (on FOX not the others) that they
had been on the road for 2 days, plus at least 1 day to mobilize....
Sheesh ..............I guess that they should have left 2 days before
Katrina hit. I expect then the ****wits would have complained the
jack booted, gun carrying, evil, storm troopers are stopping me from
looting.
All those ****wits who get a camera shoved in their face screaming
where is the help we need .

Well for some acting stupid WAS llethal.
Looters of anything besides food should have been shot on the spot.

Cliffie and tweety bird will now whine that I don't care ......
Liberal ****wits

Gunner wrote:
On 2 Sep 2005 06:27:39 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

No disrespect intended Gunner but I think you need to spend a few days
on a roof in New Orleans with no water and food and then reconsider the
subject....I think your opinion would change.

Ill give you a hint old friend...why in the world would I have left
myself helpless, hopeless and clueless in the first place?

1. When the evac orders came..I would have been gone.

2. If something caused me to be unable to leave, Id have my survival
preps to rely on..and they are more than a couple bags of stale chips
and a can or two of outdated Spam.

3. When the water started rising..you can bet your ass I and mine
would have been on the move out of the area, properly kitted up with
the proper supplies to get us out of the area and to dry land and
safety.

4. If you will note..the vast vast majority of those poor dumb
*******s herded together on the I-10 overpass are NOT wheelchair bound
invalids, whose behavior could be excused.

So No mate..my opinion would not have changed. And quite honestly..I
HAVE lived down there, and while there, made preps for just such a
situation. Its called Situational Awareness and personal
responsibility. Unfortunately..the vast majority of those remaining in
danger are professional victims who have been indoctrinated in
waiting, hand out, for someone to come fix their booboos.

As far as the time gone by so far..NO is NOT the only area in trouble.
Are you aware that the area damaged by Katrina, is bigger than the
entire British Isles, including Ireland? How fast do you think the
highland Scots would be getting aid in a similar situation? This is
BIG, this is Bad, and its gonna take ****ing Years to level out.

I continue to be fascinated by the reporters and talking heads
babbling about weeks or a month before power to most areas is
restored. Frankly...if anyone does the research, you will find that
in many places..the entire..entire..entire infrastructure is gone.
Missing. Left. No More there. Power may be restored in months..but it
will be Years before many folks will be able to simply flush a toilet
or turn on a tap and get potable water.

History will show that this is the Worst, by orders of magnitudes,
natural disaster the US ever faced. With ramifications similar to the
US having been in a limited nuclear exchange.

Its been 5 days. There are bodies and walking dead scattered across an
area the size of the UK...and you expect some sort of miracle?
Sorry..aint gonna happen. The NO thing while sad, should have been
handled by local authorities. Ill not point out the obvious fact that
they tend to be Corrupt Democrats.

The US has taken a long term hit that will take multiple years to sort
out, and we have only seen the tip of the iceberg as far as far
reaching effects will go. We may well wind up with a depression that
will make 1929 look like an economic blip. The near future is the
time we should all hope and pray we voted for the right people, and
they hired the right advisors. In ALL governments, Federal, state and
local.

Feel free to finger point. But its mighty disengenious of you, based
on the evident ignorance you display of both the facts of the matter,
and the scope.

And perhaps you should consider very strongly what JFK said...

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for
your country"

Shrug

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner