Grant Erwin

Suggest you simply replace the electrolytic start caps in your RPC and you'll be
back to where you started.

My RPC has a 7.5 hp idler and it has started several different 10 hp 3 phase
motors with no load. Maybe you should use your 5hp RPC to start a 7.5hp motor,
leave that running, and then try to start the 10hp motor?

Phase converters are really simple machines. You shouldn't have any trouble
fixing one or making one!

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

Gunner Asch wrote:

I smoked my commercial 5hp rotary converter tonight trying to start
what turned out to be a 10hp motor so I could breadboard up a bigger
rotary converter to run my big Airco Phase Arc 350.

Damnit

Anyone want to trade a MINTY Airco 3ph Mig will do marvelous spray
transfer, 350 amp, with new Tweeco torch, beautiful condition, low
time, for a good Mig I can use on 220 single phase and run .045 wire
with?

Anyone have a larger rotary converter?