MisterSkippy

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:51:13 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Do these guys really have so much
work that they can be this way with potential customers?

Sometimes, yes, "these guys" do have so much work. It depends on the
potential customer. Sometimes I'll get a call from someone who starts
breaking my chops and conducting an inquisition before I have even
seen the job. They'll demand a firm estimate over the phone to be
followed up by the FREE written estimate, the scheduling of which is
to be at their convenience regardless of my work schedule. Before I've
even seen the job they demand chapter and verse about how the job will
actually be done and what materials will be used.
Anyone who is any good doesn't need that kind of customer. They have
plenty of work. I just thank them for calling and tell them I'll get
back to them when I can assure them of a firm appointment for an
estimate. Then I just forget about them. Life's too short.
Did I describe you?