Lobster

Default Scary Tools {Was: Diamond wheel tile cutters}

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:22:55 +0100, Terry D wrote:

BTW, what gets the vote for the most frightening DIY appliance. I
think my vote must go to chain saws, closely followed by hedge
trimmers.

My cheap'n cheerful 5-quid Screwfix angle-grinder. I used it on the
first day it arrived, and it cut out. Put it down to check the plug;
oops sure enough it had come slightly out of the socket so I pushed it
home. At which point I discovered that the angle-grinder switch,
which was quite stiff, had a lock-on position (why??). It immediately
burst into life and shot across the room, passing about two inches
from my leg. A salutary lesson indeed.
David