PME

"PME" wrote in message
ink.net...
We are replacing the wallpaper and need to remove the recessed combo soap
dish/cup holder. It's not on tile, it's mounted to regular drywall. It is
slightly loose in the wall, so the caulk behind it has released, but there
is still something holding it in. There are no screws. Can this be reused,
or is pulling it from the wall going to destroy whatever bracket is

holding
it in place?

Help?

Thanks for the responses.
To answer all the questions,

Charlie:
No, it's not embedded in plaster of paris. As I said, it is slightly loose
inside the wall, but something inside the wall is keeping it from coming
out.

RicodJour:
I asked if this can be reused, so yes, I want to put it back.

Does anybody actually know what is holding this in?
Does anybody actually know the real steps to remove it?