Eugene Nine

John Emmons wrote:

apples to oranges

You're comparing a system to a component.

It's like asking why metal alloys haven't improved 1000 times over time.

Nickel Hydride is an improvement, a major improvement so far as consumer
usable batteries are concerned, when we find an entirely new way to store
energy, batteries will improve again.

You know else sucks about laptops, they're still being made out of plastic
that breaks when you drop it. Asking why the case material hasn't improved
like the insides have is a better comparison to a battery.

Actually you can buy laptops that are not plastic, My dell is a metal case
and has the dent in the back from a drop to proove it.