Charlie Self

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 4 Sep 2005 06:44:27 -0700, "Charlie Self" wrote:

Talk to Taunton's acquisitions editor.

Oddly enough, I have done (although not about that subject). They were
the _least_ helpful of any publisher I've spoken too, and the most US
isolationist. They're not interested in books of limited interest to
their core US market, and they're pretty uninterested in working with
non-US authors. I was disapointed, quite frankly, although I found the
similar UK publishers to be much more encouraging (and when I have the
projects finished to get the photographs done, you'll maybe see the
results).

Sterling Publishing used to have a pretty close relationship to British
and Aussie publishers. One of their top guys now runs Barnes & Noble,
which now owns Sterling, so lord knows what's up there. Storey
Publishing used to do some good stuff, though they are more lighter
crafts oriented than they are woodworking. I'm not too impressed with
Storey's responses to queries in recent years, and Sterling and I came
to a parting ot the ways about a decade ago, but both might be
possiblities.