TWS

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 15:06:48 -0700, David wrote:

What mfgr offers lifetime replacement of batteries?

Ridgid just began a 'Limited Lifetime' warranty on their power tools.

and what's their
criteria for replacement?

It will be interesting to see on batteries. Here is the statement on
their limited lifetime warranty description:
================
The Lifetime Service Agreement on RIDGIDŽ Hand Held Power Tools,
Stationary Power Tools and
Pneumatic Tools covers all worn parts in properly maintained tools,
including normal wear items such
as brushes, chucks, motors, switches, gears and even cordless
batteries in your qualifying
RIDGIDŽBrand hand held and stationary power tools; and replacement
rings, driver blades and
bumpers on RIDGIDŽ Brand pneumatic tools for the lifetime of the
original owner.
You can see the whole text at:
http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/RidgidLSA.pdf

Is there a large fee for shipping/handling?

Dave

I don't know, they don't itemize this in their statement and probably
won't tell you until it's time to make a claim. As I said in my
original post, I'm skeptical but it sure beats anything else I've seen
related to cordless equipment...

TWS