Gunner Asch

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 20:34:26 -0700, "Hawke"
wrote:

I suppose the worst thing that can happen to Gunner since he hates green
things is that he is gunna have to become a gardner and grow his own
food. {:-).

No, the worst thing that can happen to Gunner is that he won't be able to
afford health insurance and will have a catastrophic health problem. He
won't be able to pay for proper health care and he'll wind up partially or
completely disabled and will live out his remaining years in abject misery
and poverty regardless of his former skills. But had he the money to pay for
excellent insurance he would have been well cared for and returned to good
health. Unfortunately, in a capitalist system only those who are very
successful have access to that level of health care. Gunner would still
argue it's the best system even though he's screwed by it once again proving
that he's stupid, irrational, or most likely, both.

Hawke

Actually..neither my wife or myself have health insurance. Not for the
past 10 yrs. She has had multiple heart surgeries, I had a stent
installed about a year ago.

Which is one of the reasons there is little money on hand. The State
covers most of her bill, mine is $27,000. I pay something each month
on mine.

As for "abject misery", been there, done that, rose above it. Poverty
sucks..but when one considers all possible alternatives..happy and
poor is better than rich and utterly miserable. Seen that too.

And yes..its still the best system. As countless people from countries
with socialized medicine prove everyday as they enter the US for
medical care.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner