Terry Collins

Gunner Asch wrote:

Blush. Not a mistake Ill make again.

Delete me if you've heard this one, but when in 1984 I toddled off to
TAFE to learn a bit of welding, I ended up in the stick class as the Oxy
class was full.

About 20 odd bods including about half the class as retired,
semi-retired types, almost all of who were there to learn how to weld to
make themselves boats. 20' + types, of steel.

Except one, who had already his first boat. A real beauty by all
accounts. In the back yard. It just needed to be move to the water (?)
where he was going to do the final fit out.

Oh, so a crane was called and the boat carefully lifted over the house
and deposited into a waiting trailer. Well, actually there was a slight
hick up and it came down rather heavy onto the trialer.

And promptly fell apart.

His recantation ended with "I was so fscking relieved that it didn't
fall apart above the house.

Ill find new mistakes to make.

But..Im now welding aluminum...and the welds are holding...YAY!!!