stuart noble

Default Diamond wheel tile cutters

Christian McArdle wrote in message 40d2af8d$0$284

I'd certainly agree, assuming you have ceramic tiles capable of being
snapped. It's a bit more difficult for diagonal cuts, as the snapping part
won't work and the tool may not be long enough.

I don't think this presents a problem on the Rubi, which takes a 12" tile
diagonally and the snapper works fine at that angle.
The offcut limit Dave refers to is more like half an inch, which I suppose
is splitting hairs. Under that it is still good for doing the score but you
have to nibble the offcut. Now there's a technique I haven't really
mastered. I've watched tilers using those nibblers to cut shapes, but it
never works for me.
Overall I'd say a *good* snapper comes into its own on floors because a 12"
tile is as quick to cut as a 6", plus the tool is right next to you the
whole time. Bad enough being on your knees but getting up and down for each
cut is a pain.