RWS

I see others have answered the question but I got one for you. I have
considered a mini-split for a home office on second floor that I can
*just* keep cool with a portable AC. House has central air. Bad
thing is the noise. How difficult has the install been? What kind
did you go for? Any problems that had that were not forseen? I have
read most manufactures information on mini-splits and don't see any
big problems with install that I can't except the refrigerant lines
but I am sure that can be solved with a phone call.
Thanks

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:00:36 GMT, User Example
wrote:

I am installing a mini-split A/C system. Well, everything except for
actually hooking up the refrigerant lines. Tomorrow I will hook up the
electrical wiring. I have a question though. Can I just wire it up to
a circuit breaker in my house? Or do I need to install a circuit
breaker near the mini-split unit? My central A/C compressors have
disconnects outside the house by them. I don't know what the code is.
I can handle the wiring part but I just don't know what the codes are
for those kinds of things.