John Cartmell

In article ,
Huge wrote:
"David Pearson" writes:
G'day.

Are there any general-purpose gloves that do the same
job as leather ones, but that are not leather? I.e keep your
hands safe during DIY and garden work?

Thanks,
Veggie DIY Bloke.

P.S. "Veggie" means I'm a vegetarian, not a vegetable.
Although opinions differ on this.

I have no answer to your question, but I commend you on your quest. I know
numbers of people who describe themselves as vegetarian, but are no such
thing; what they mean is that they do not eat red meat.

Pescivores? ;-)

Before they ran the recent "Can you keep it up for a week?" campaign the
VegSoc were handing out reminder cards for restaurants saying that, if it had
a face, it shouldn't be served to vegetarians. Too many so-called professional
caterers think that a tuna salad is a good vegetarian option - and very few
appreciate the minefield in the sweet course. ;-(

Linking back to relevance to DIY - just because someone is paid to do a job
doesn't mean that they automatically do it better than amateurs.