David Pearson

"David Pearson" wrote Are there any
general-purpose gloves that do the same
job as leather ones, but that are not leather? I.e keep your
hands safe during DIY and garden work?

Thanks everyone, for all this info.

One thing concerns me about the orange woven gloves
with rubbery webbing on them. If a piece got itself attached
to a moving power tool, I worry that nasty things could
happen. One poster (Andrew Gabriel) had one interact
with his angle grinder and nothing bad happened, but
can anyone else give me such good news about these
things? (Or the opposite, if they have any fingers left to
type with!?).

The coated kevlar sounds good for really hand-
damaging jobs.

As for the ethics of using bits of dead cow, I refuse to be drawn.
Especially on a DIY newsgroup!

Moooo...
-D. Pearson