keith

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:18:12 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 23:09:12 -0400, keith wrote:

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 19:43:52 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:11:22 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Amun" wrote in message
Everyone should have a corded drill as their primary/backup

Perhaps. Mine has not been touched since I got a cordless about 5 years ago.

And don't start the "they should have a second battery ready in the
charger
all the time" argument.
As no one ever does. LOL

I have two ready to go.

Put me in the "me too" crowd here also. One battery is always in the
charger (Milwaukee has trickle charge, so no harm is done to the battery
this way, it actually keeps the battery from discharging by itself), the
other on the drill.

If it's a NiCd or NiMH battery, a constant trickle charge isn't good
for it. I leave mine go, until I know I'm going to need it. I charge one
the day before, then swap batteries after the "uncharged" one gets a
little light.

Milwaukee manual indicates that no harm will come to battery by leaving
it on the charger. I probably didn't phrase this right, the trickle charge
is not constant, but the charger keeps the battery near full charge,
re-charging when it drops some (don't know what the threshold is).

Cycling a battery in the charger may not be a good strategy either.
There is a maximum number of recharge cycles for batteries. NiMH is worse
than NiCd here, but NiCds also have cycling "issues".

--
Keith