Jane & David

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 09:36:46 -0400, the blithe spirit loutent
clearly indicated:

Amazon makes it easy to donate to the Red Cross with
one click - "safe" and quick.

Why not donate to some org who doesn't pay its execs half a million a
year? Give to the Salvation Army instead. More of the dollars find
their way into the needy's hands.

I absolutely agree, Larry. Plus there's another reason to consider
giving to the Salvation Army first for my family. When we were about to
be flooded out, only the Salvation Army workers were right down in it
all, willing to get dirty in order to help in any way they saw
necessary. This is not the time to run down other agencies, but although
others were around, it was only the SA in there with us.

My opinion about the SA has little to do with religion. In fact as an
agnostic, I support them in spite of their religion. Donating to them, I
just know a more of my money is going to be used to actually help people.

PDX David