Martin

Who says the NEC doesn't apply to low voltage? Check it out per Mark
Hult's link:

http://www.nfpa.org/itemDetail.asp?c...mID=18901&URL=
Publications/necdigest®/About%20the%20NEC®/The%202005%20NEC®/Proposal
s%20for%202005%20Edition&cookie%5Ftest=1

Martin

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 03:36:23 GMT, "BruceR"

Better wait till Tuesday if you're in the USA.

From:Fred

Martin wrote in message
I'm planning to install some outdoor low voltage landscape lighting
using a transformer UL rated as indoor/outdoor mounted in the garage.

According to what I've been able to find wrt NEC, if the wiring is
run *through* a wall it must be enclosed in conduit. However, if it
is run along a wall, is there any need to enclose it or do anything
special? Thanks,
Martin

NEC doesn't apply for low voltage , you do what you need to do with
it, just use your own judgment. Its like the cable and phone
companies - they drill through any walls and install it anyway it
suits them. No conduits. To verify NEC doesn't apply call your local
city inspector Monday.