Dave Plowman

Default Diamond wheel tile cutters

In article 8bIAc.900$ZY3.886@newsfe6-win,
Terry D wrote:
Did you mean that I won't need the practice runs or I won't need the
safety goggles? I'm astounded at the blasé attitude of some DIY
enthusiasts with regard to safety. For instance, I quite often see
neighbours using rotary mowers or strimmers without adequate footwear
(sometimes even sandals!) and suitable eye protection. After working
for ICI for 35 years, safety was instilled into me from an early age. I
have goggles, steel toe-capped boots, gloves, overalls and even a hard
hat, all of which are worn when deemed necessary.

I'm saying it's not a device where safety glasses are *essential* - if the
blade guard is properly set as it should be to stop yourself getting
soaked. Of course, if you bend down and get your eyes close to the blade
that would be a different matter, but no one with normal eyesight would
need to.

I did say it's a pretty safe device if used with normal safety
precautions. At least it doesn't scare me, like circular saws and angle
grinders do.

--
*Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn