Zing

OP here again .

I knew this topic was a can of worms.

I just checked the wiring I did in the garage add on and in the attic
which had no electric when I moved in 30+ years ago.

Based on the same GB tester results, only 2 lights show = PERFECT
HOOKUP.
So I am not totally devoid of skills.

The problem is with the rest of the ORIGINAL house wiring. I have made
additiions to that wiring and it was done BLACK TO BLACK and WHITE TO
WHITE since the colors of the old original Romex were visible.

As I said, a garage was added on and the original wiring in the
original panel ( now a junction box ) was extended over the garage
ceiling to the new outside wall of the garage. The junction box has
been plastered over, but I am sure my friend and I (he knew more than I
did at the time ) were not that stupid as to mix BLACK AND WHITE wires
in splicing the connections.

The ORIGINAL panel had 4 15amp breakers with NO MAIN breaker - 60 amp
service.

Thanks to all for all the help.