Vic Dura

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:32:39 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote
Re Nobody was listening.:

enigma wrote:

"Ann" wrote in
news

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:23:22 +0000, The Watcher wrote:

I'm not looking to avoid all and every catastrophe, but I
do try to get out of the way of the really obvious ones.
The way to do that is pretty easy. Don't play on the
highway. Don't live in an OBVIOUS flood-prone
area(especially one that experiences hurricanes). Stay
away from earthquake faults. Others are pretty obvious to
rational people.

I'm only speaking for what I know about, but the rules out
living in the eastern US.

huh? what natural disasters happen in the eastern US with any
regularity? or matbe a better question would be to ask you to
define "eastern US"?
i live in NH currently. we rarely get hurricances, more
rarely tornadoes. while Seabrook nuclear power plant is built
on the only major fault line in NH or Mass, we haven't had a
noticable earthquake in over 50 years. there is no geothermal
activity (volcanoes). even Nor'Easters aren't common. no
plagues of locusts lately (although were due for tent
caterpillers again). it's generally too wet for a major forest
fire & floods aren't common either...
lee

Hi,
Are you touching the wood? I am in Alberta. What natural disaster?
No nuke plant. Provincial government is swimming in surplus budget.
Don't even know what to do with all the money pouring in every day.
As a centennial gift, they may drop health care premium for all, and
lower the income tax. Only flaw is little cold winter weather but
not much snow, no humidity. Just dry cold with clear blue sky.
Tony

Sounds like a great place to send the refugees from N.O.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.