Rusty

"Cicero" wrote in message

"David Pearson" wrote in message
G'day.

Are there any general-purpose gloves that do the same
job as leather ones, but that are not leather? I.e keep your
hands safe during DIY and garden work?

Thanks,
Veggie DIY Bloke.

P.S. "Veggie" means I'm a vegetarian, not a vegetable.
Although opinions differ on this.

Look in B&Q, Focus etc. for bright yellow / orange gloves. They're
rubberised cotton (I think!) and more durable than most gloves. Good for
rough work but not particularly good where a sensitive touch is needed.

I think the sheds charge an arm and leg (well another arm anyway) for these,
as a profit leader. You get virtually the same gloves for 50p at a DIY
stall at a Saturday market that would cost £3 in the high street.