Hawke

How many times did it take to invent the light bulb? Polio vaccine?
Develop the airplane?

Yes, I believe strongly in the system, capitalism. And will continue
to work on bettering my own little piece of it.

As for stupid..it would appear that you are advocating Communism..the
murderous economic system that has failed everywhere its been tried.

Communism, democracy, not all that different really. The people are in
charge and the government is supposed to serve them not an elite class. In
reality true Communism has never been tried. It never existed anywhere. The
places that called themselves Communist were in truth simple dictatorships
and totalitarian states. If a real Communist state were ever attempted it
may well succeed every bit as well as our pseudo capitalism. But well never
know until it's tried.

Can you say that capitalism is a proven failure anywhere?

Other than in the West capitalism has failed everywhere it's been tried. If
you have a standard of prosperity for all as the measure of success, then
it's obvious that even in the U.S. it's not working either. On a radio talk
show the other day they looked at the poverty statistics in New Orleans and
33% of the population was living under the poverty level. They looked at
another twenty or so other cities and they ranged from 19% in Chicago to New
Orleans, which was the highest. The rest of the cities had poverty rates of
25%, or close to that figure. You don't consider those Americans living at
or under the poverty level to be successful capitalists do you? Once you
look at the statistics, it's easy to see that more than half of all
Americans are poor. If prosperity is the standard of success then capitalism
isn't working even in this country. Look at other countries and you will see
even lower numbers. Don't believe me, then read "The Mystery of Capital" by
Hernan De Soto. He has researched worldwide and has found that capitalism
has not worked anywhere except the West, that is if you consider what we
have a success.

Hawke