John R. Carroll

"Chris" wrote in message ...

"axolotl" wrote in message
Chris wrote:

I suppose you were given these numbers along with your hospital bill?

I have a very good friend in the blood and guts business. But Google can
provide you the same numbers.

Kevin Gallimore

I have no doubt that this is what the highly inefficient Red Cross is
claiming. It is just that a number that they claim to be spending. Than
again a monopoly can say whatever they want, hospitals have no real

choice.

Yes they do Chris, or rather, their patients do if it isn't an emergency.
You can always BYOB if you have the time.
I delayed a surgery until I could use my own blood - 8 units including the
reserve budgeted for unexpected complications. This was after Liz Dole took
over management of the blood bank but before it was widely known what her
management practices were. After infecting an killing a bunch of people they
threw out every unit on hand and started over. Mrs. Dole declared victory
and ran for an open spot in the US Senate where she can be found today. The
Red Cross OTOH continues to provide contaminated blood and blood products to
this day, the extent and degree have, however, changed for the better.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.