Tim S

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 17:54:37 +0100, Slurp wrote:

..... be nailing sheets of hardboard on our moulded doors next

Or boxing in your banisters with it...

Ah, the memories. The hardboard on the doors isn't too bad. Well, yes,
it's bad, but 20 years later someone else can pull it off and marvel
at the wonderful panelled doors they just inherited. Like we did in the
70's

Dealing with the 1930's (or 40's) combed woodgrain effect we then found
was harder. Turns to toffee when heated then sets like glass on yer
scraper, needs gallons of stripper to shift it, sands about as well as
tarmac. Some got Ronstrip'd, the rest painted over.

Tim