Robatoy

In article . com,
wrote:

I am in the market for a cordless drill / driver. I'm not interested
in one of the cheaper 3/8" drills (Skil, B&D, etc.) but for my modest
DIY uses I probably don't need the top-of-the-line pro models either.

Being very happy with Milwaukee jigsaw I've bought a few years ago, I'm
leaning towards one of their 14.4v 1/2" dril / drivers. The specific
models are the 0612-22 Compact Series drill and the 0616-24 Lok-Tor
drill. The 0612 is a bit smaller and lighter, but the Lok-Tor beats it
in torque (460 vs. 390) and run time. The Lok-Tor also has a side
handle. One think that bothers me about the Lok-Tor is that it is a
"new" product; in most cases this is a good thing, but in this case I
really want to hear that the new product is better (esp. considering
Milwaukee is under new ownership).

Pricewise, it looks like the Lok-Tor 0616 will run me about $20 more
than the 0612.

So, what I'd like to hear are any reccomendations between these two
models from someone who has used both. If you feel strongly that I
should the 18V model, or get a different brand (Panasonic, DeWalt,
etc.) let me know that too. Thanks.

I have one of the original Milwaukee 14.4 cordless drills. I use it
almost every day...it's been busy these last few days. Not a hic-up for
almost 5 years.... 1/2" variable speed with clutch. I'd do that again in
a heart-beat.