ATP*

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 2 Sep 2005 06:27:39 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

No disrespect intended Gunner but I think you need to spend a few days
on a roof in New Orleans with no water and food and then reconsider the
subject....I think your opinion would change.

Ill give you a hint old friend...why in the world would I have left
myself helpless, hopeless and clueless in the first place?

1. When the evac orders came..I would have been gone.

2. If something caused me to be unable to leave, Id have my survival
preps to rely on..and they are more than a couple bags of stale chips
and a can or two of outdated Spam.

3. When the water started rising..you can bet your ass I and mine
would have been on the move out of the area, properly kitted up with
the proper supplies to get us out of the area and to dry land and
safety.

4. If you will note..the vast vast majority of those poor dumb
*******s herded together on the I-10 overpass are NOT wheelchair bound
invalids, whose behavior could be excused.

So No mate..my opinion would not have changed. And quite honestly..I
HAVE lived down there, and while there, made preps for just such a
situation. Its called Situational Awareness and personal
responsibility. Unfortunately..the vast majority of those remaining in
danger are professional victims who have been indoctrinated in
waiting, hand out, for someone to come fix their booboos.

Have to agree with you on this one, Gunner. Personal responsibility is the
key here and these whiners should be blaming themselves first. OTOH, the
response was poorly organized and inadequate. If we are supposed to be able
to respond to terrorist attacks effectively they better get their act
together on ALL levels of government. There is usually little or no warning
before an attack.