Waynemak

Sure doen't make much sense to live below sea level that close to the water.
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 19:45:56 -0700, Pope Secola VI
wrote:

Many of the big time financial analysts types are now saying that New
Orleans will not come back for at least a generation. Many of the
propertied class (both black and White) who are current refugees have
nothing to come back to. Many are now casting about for a new permanent
place to live and work out side of New Orleans.

Strangely enough the chamber of Commerce of Las Vegas Nevada has had
over 5000 inquiries from lawyers, doctors, CPA's, Engineers, licensed
plumbers, electricians and just plain people about the business
opportunities and the availability of work.

Similar inquiries have been fielded by the chambers of Commerce in
Idaho, Utah, Oregon, Arizona.

It is now expected that 20 to 30 percent of those who left New Orleans
will never come back.

This is causing a great worry among the political class as the people
who are leaving are the only ones who can really build a city.

Odd..I believe I stated this in a post yesterday, and was roundly poo
pooed by a couple optimists.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner