Christian McArdle

Default Diamond wheel tile cutters

Thanks for the reassurance Dave. I'll get my safety goggles out and have
few practice runs this weekend. BTW, how long can I expect the blade to
last in terms of cutting length?

That varies very wildly on many factors.

In particular, keeping it wet is important, so when you stop getting
drenched every time you use it, the water level is too low.

Using it slowly and backing up occasionally to clear it helps.

I did my whole bathroom, including absolutely loads of mitring of some very
bulky dado tiles, on about 1.2 wheels. I didn't persist on the old wheel as
it started getting dangerous by hurling the tile across the room.

Christian.