charlie b

Mike Darlow's website was included in the article - and of
course I forgot to include it in my original post. Here it
is for those who wish to check out his qualifications.

http://www.hinet.net.au/~mdarlow

As is so often the case there are opposing opinions of
someone else's analysis and conclusions. I was trained
in Chem E so the statics based analysis makes sense
to me in terms of the mechanics. I'm afraid that a
dynamics analysis would be a bit complicated to put
in a four or five page article.

I suspect that many turners learn to compensate
for a tools shortcomings, find a few they like and
stick with them, often defending their choices to
the death.

There are two of his articles on his site that I
found interesting - both rang some bells.

http://www.hinet.net.au/~mdarlow/Articles.htm

charlie b