Terry D

Default Diamond wheel tile cutters

Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
Terry D wrote:
I returned the Challenge tile cutter to Argos and bought the
PlasPlugs Pro Tiler Plus for £10 more (£39.99). I now stand by my
original comment of 'flimsy'. The whole thing appears just a piece
of cheap, mostly plastic junk and weighs less than half of the
Challenge sturdy all-metal constuction. The adjustments for mitre
cutting are just a joke - just thin flexible lugs which are supposed
to fit into moulded guides. I can see these breaking off in no
time, although fortunately I won't be cutting many mitres. The
ruler guides are also showing signs of unsticking themselves, as
with the Challenge.

A word of advice. It's not a hammer and chisel way of splitting
tiles, but a saw. Use it gently - let the saw do the work - and it'll
be fine. Of course it's not a pro tool, but it's not a pro price. And
also as something which will be used infrequently, you might
appreciate the light weight for storing on a top shelf, etc.

I'm normally all in favour of the best quality tools even at the
price, but in this case I think you'll find the Plasplugs ok once
you're used to it.

Thanks for the reassurance Dave. I'll get my safety goggles out and have a
few practice runs this weekend. BTW, how long can I expect the blade to
last in terms of cutting length?

Terry D.