Dave Plowman

Default Diamond wheel tile cutters

In article ,
Terry D wrote:
I returned the Challenge tile cutter to Argos and bought the PlasPlugs
Pro Tiler Plus for £10 more (£39.99). I now stand by my original
comment of 'flimsy'. The whole thing appears just a piece of cheap,
mostly plastic junk and weighs less than half of the Challenge sturdy
all-metal constuction. The adjustments for mitre cutting are just a
joke - just thin flexible lugs which are supposed to fit into moulded
guides. I can see these breaking off in no time, although fortunately I
won't be cutting many mitres. The ruler guides are also showing signs
of unsticking themselves, as with the Challenge.

A word of advice. It's not a hammer and chisel way of splitting tiles, but
a saw. Use it gently - let the saw do the work - and it'll be fine. Of
course it's not a pro tool, but it's not a pro price. And also as
something which will be used infrequently, you might appreciate the light
weight for storing on a top shelf, etc.

I'm normally all in favour of the best quality tools even at the price,
but in this case I think you'll find the Plasplugs ok once you're used to
it.

--
*Why do the two "sanction"s (noun and verb) mean opposites?*

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn