Swingman

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

** Preparation of emergency plans is *not* a leisure-time
play-group activity.

** two major components of leadership are thinking on your feet and
readiness
to do what's needed - without dithering, delay, or posturing.

** The size of the disaster cannot be an excuse for failing to take
immediate and effective action.

I am beginning to suspect that we could do worse than making a calculated
effort to replace the current crop of "emergency management" _leadership_,
at the national and regional levels, with a core of seasoned, ex military
combat leaders. I doubt there is anyone in this country, as a group, who is
better trained and more qualified to think, plan and react as you point out
** above.

Just imagine how effective FEMA could be with a Schwarzkopf in charge
instead of a politically favored lawyer.

With all the damn wars we've involved ourselves in, just in my lifetime,
there should be a few of them around.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/05