R.H.

Each of the last two sets of photos has had an item that has not been
verified, but there have been numerous guesses. I would be interested to
know what the individuals here think the solutions to these two might be so
that I could post on the answer page the percentage or number of votes for
the most popular.

436. Brass balls with rods and wood frame, please choose just one of the
following:

1. static electricity dischargers/electrical experiments
2. puncture test tool
3. grandfather's clock mechanism
4. weights for the scales of justice
5. durometer, used to measure hardness/tester for finding the hardness of
optical pitch
6. spindle for paper/note holder
7. for making indentations in metal
8. standard lightning rod balls and needles
9. for gravity experiments
10. desk decoration, no practical function for it

-----
-----
-----

Before you vote on the next one, please take a look at the close-up of it at
the link below. It shows the bracket on the back, it looks like it could
possibly be mounted on a beam or some other structure. Also note the small
spring in the upper right that looks to serve as a cushion for the lever.

447. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...03/pic447b.jpg

A. caliper
B. ice tongs
C. hay bale lifter
D. hook for small logs
E. loose hay lifter
F. clamping hook for pulling small stumps
G. wire/rope puller for tightening bundles or bales

If you would like to participate, please email the votes to me.

Rob

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/