Terry D

Default Diamond wheel tile cutters

I have only positive things to say about the plasplugs model,
although I did take the first one back as bracket holding the water
gaurd was bent. It has now been used to tile the porch and bathroom,
with tiles from 12-15mm thickness with no problems at all.

Personally I would imagine that the overall quality of a cheap plastic
version is better than a cheap metal one. At this level you need the
money to have been spent in the right places, and my first priority
would be the motor rather than the casing.

I don't rate the stick on rulers of the plasplugs or the tile guide,
but with careful set up and use there is no problem repeatably cuting
square edges, or cutting small angles where required.

cheers

David

I returned the Challenge tile cutter to Argos and bought the PlasPlugs Pro
Tiler Plus for £10 more (£39.99). I now stand by my original comment of
'flimsy'. The whole thing appears just a piece of cheap, mostly plastic
junk and weighs less than half of the Challenge sturdy all-metal
constuction. The adjustments for mitre cutting are just a joke - just thin
flexible lugs which are supposed to fit into moulded guides. I can see
these breaking off in no time, although fortunately I won't be cutting many
mitres. The ruler guides are also showing signs of unsticking themselves,
as with the Challenge. The integral water reservoir however seems better
than the Challenge cutter. I'll give it a go but at the first sign of
trouble, it's back to Argos again. I suppose at these prices I shouldn't
really complain too much, but if I paid any more I may as well employ a
professional tiler. On reflection, I now wish I'd gone for vinyl flooring
as I now still have to buy the adhesive & grout and also suffer the kitchen
out of action for at least 24 hours :-(

Terry D.