Rex B

wallster wrote:
This is a worst case scenerio that SHOULD
have been thought about (huricanes are not uncommon in that area and
they are below sea level!).

And all the people who lived there knew that.
Just as all the people who live on the San Andreas Fault know about the
potential for disaster. They are gambling - big stakes - that it won't
happen in THEIR lifetime.

Our government has given us all a false
sense of security by making us believe that there are worst case
scenerio plans set in place.

Most of us hedge our bets and don't count on the government for basic
survival. As I recall, the federal government is supposed to be for
national defense and regulation of trade. I'd prefer they stuck to that,
at least until they get the hang of it.
As for the NO local government, I think we've seen the measure of
their worth. Watch you don't step on a pin from those police badges on
the sidewalk.

As for looting a gun first, shame on you if you don't already have one.