Rex B

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
Need an example? Boeing machinists going on strike for more, having
refused an offer that apparently puts an additional $15,000 in their
pockets-------while Boeing is looking for reasons---any reason----to get rid
of them--and they should. What do they have invested in their jobs? Jobs
that almost any machinist in other countries, is willing to do for a lot
less money---a reality of living in a world economy. It has been
reported on more than one occasion on the news here in the greater Seattle
area, that the average income for these folks is $59,000/year. For
machinists? Are we worth that kind of money?

I've never been a pro machinist, so I can't speak to that. I'd think the
aerospace machinists should be the very best. And I'd think that pay
range might be appropriate for that level of skill. But to turn down a
25% raise..... Boeing needs to call them on that.