Harold and Susan Vordos

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article 01c5afca$c4b9e960$c7a2c3d8@race, * says...

Funny how so many other disasters around the USA seem to have brought out
the absolute best in the American people, but in an area boasting the

title
"The Big Easy" where morals are loose at best, and often snickered at,
morality and empathy for fellow humans has totally broken down.

I think the looting and criminal acts do sell a lot of newspapers and
airtime. I suspect that there's not much airplay in talking about the
folks in the hospitals right now, who refuse to abandon their patients
in the face of overwhelming conditions.

I think the moral here is that we cannot count on the govenment to
help us in times of disaster - we have to rely on ourselves. Not
a real suprise.

Jim

How can you say that, Jim? Why, just last night on TV I saw that they're
talking about doing everything possible to help those folks. g

Anyone watch Nightline? Ted Koppel held (forgot his name) feet to the
fire, looking for answers. Seems those we elect to office are long on BS
and short on action. Typical government stuff, where they pick on those
that can't, or won't, fight back, all in an attempt to make it look like
they're doing something to earn their keep. Lots of lip service, very
little performance.

We, in this country (US) need a serious wake up call. We've had too much
for too long, all without paying a price-----but it's starting to look like
it's pay-up time.

Need an example? Boeing machinists going on strike for more, having
refused an offer that apparently puts an additional $15,000 in their
pockets-------while Boeing is looking for reasons---any reason----to get rid
of them--and they should. What do they have invested in their jobs? Jobs
that almost any machinist in other countries, is willing to do for a lot
less money---a reality of living in a world economy. It has been
reported on more than one occasion on the news here in the greater Seattle
area, that the average income for these folks is $59,000/year. For
machinists? Are we worth that kind of money? Seriously? The last job I
held, before starting my own shop, I was paid $3.50/hr, and it was
considered good money for a journeyman. That was back in '67, of course.

Who the hell put a nickel in me?

Harold