jim rozen

In article 01c5afca$c4b9e960$c7a2c3d8@race, * says...

Funny how so many other disasters around the USA seem to have brought out
the absolute best in the American people, but in an area boasting the title
"The Big Easy" where morals are loose at best, and often snickered at,
morality and empathy for fellow humans has totally broken down.

I think the looting and criminal acts do sell a lot of newspapers and
airtime. I suspect that there's not much airplay in talking about the
folks in the hospitals right now, who refuse to abandon their patients
in the face of overwhelming conditions.

I think the moral here is that we cannot count on the govenment to
help us in times of disaster - we have to rely on ourselves. Not
a real suprise.

Jim

please reply to: