*

Ignoramus29984 wrote in article
Let's say, for an example sake, that there is a flood in my
area. Let's further suppose that I have no food stored, or that my
house has been flooded and food is destroyed.

I have a family to feed. I break into a closed food store and
steal food. Have I committed an immoral act?

The morality is that someone is trying to feed someone through any means
available.

I stand by the cops who looked the other way while the grocery stores were
being looted.

As a matter of fact, many store owners simply opened their stores for the
purpose of giving away their stuff in an orderly manner.

OTOH - there really isn't much life-sustaining need for a television,
stereo, or jewelry during the present, no-electricity situation, and
anybody emerging from such a store with arms laden is a trophy shot in my
book.

Funny how so many other disasters around the USA seem to have brought out
the absolute best in the American people, but in an area boasting the title
"The Big Easy" where morals are loose at best, and often snickered at,
morality and empathy for fellow humans has totally broken down.

Go figure!