jw

Ignoramus29984 wrote:
Let's say, for an example sake, that there is a flood in my
area. Let's further suppose that I have no food stored, or that my
house has been flooded and food is destroyed.

I have a family to feed. I break into a closed food store and
steal food. Have I committed an immoral act?

I just had this argument with the SO last night. Stealing food/water
because you have no other option(catastrophe situation, not welfare)
should not be considered immoral.

Those that are looting Super Soakers and RC Cars and what not are
STEALING. Plain and simple. My SO tried to argue that it's going to
waste anyways so why not take it and make some use of it. She also
tried to argue that maybe they had some "higher" intention towards
survival. I don't think so. They are stealing for the simple fact
that they can.

JW