Dave Plowman

Default Diamond wheel tile cutters

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
Having just done another floor with a score and snap cutter, I feel
obliged to sing the praises of this method for straight cuts. The Rubi
uses a forward stroke and snaps from the far end of the score, which
gives you a time of around 10 seconds per tile (no, I didn't break any
and, no, I'm not a pro). I know time isn't everything but, faced with
lopping an inch off 24 tiles, I'm glad I wasn't having to saw them.

The snag starts when it's less than perhaps an inch, and the score and
snap method fails. Especially where it's the inch part that's needed.

Personally, I enjoy using my diamond wheel cutter, even although it takes
more time. Different if you're a pro and time is money, I suppose.

--
*Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn