Mark & Juanita

On 2 Sep 2005 04:55:14 -0700, "ROYNEU" wrote:

I find it pretty sad that anybody would be pulled off rescue efforts to
protect material objects instead of saving life. It's a sad day in this
world that we are more worried about a TV more then somebodies life.

Roy

I don't think it it the material objects' protection so much as the
people doing the looting are also engaging in other acts of violence
(several murders, multiple rapes every night in the SuperDome, gangs
roaming the streets stealing from people at gun-point, stealing the buses
that are coming to evacuate people) That's what is causing the police to
have to be pulled off of rescue efforts for law enforcement -- people are
getting hurt and killed by thugs.