Mike Marlow

"ROYNEU" wrote in message
oups.com...
I find it pretty sad that anybody would be pulled off rescue efforts to
protect material objects instead of saving life. It's a sad day in this
world that we are more worried about a TV more then somebodies life.

Didn't really pay attention to that report did you? How about - they were
pulled off of search and rescue to attempt to restore order in the face of
shootings, rapes, fires, explosions and yes - looting. Do you really
believe all of the looting that's going on down there is in the name of
"necessities" and that it's a benign environment? Better to consider it a
sad note that 4 days into this disaster, our highly funded disaster
preparedness organizations such as FEMA have fumbled so badly with this
whole thing. Not to mention that the state and local authorities had no
real plan to deal with what was a guaranteed eventuality in their area.

--

-Mike-