Upscale

"Fred" wrote in message news:F-KdnRIY2eIOYYreRVn-
beyond the particle board. I put all my 180 pounds on the drill and

nothing.
I then took out my high speed twist bit and drill through like butter and
then rim out with the Forstner. The Titanium on the cutting surface is

gone
from the friction. I've drilled through laminates with my hole saw before
without any problems. I had other Fostner bits, not Mastergrip, on the

drill
press and its slow going but it does the job. Tell me Forstner bits are

not
efficient but not like this.

Last time I had a problem like that was when I was drilling where I couldn't
see exactly where the drill bit was hitting. Turned out that the drill was
in reverse. Of course, it too me a few hours to realize it after trying
different drills and buying a new bit.