Peter Taylor

Default Buying a house - flooding risk info.

chris French wrote

We've been on the web of course having a look at potential houses, now
of course being where it is, quite a lot of those are on the Fens (We
are looking for a country property). On the face of it potentially, an
area prone to flooding, however, in the recent floods, it's somewhere
that I remember having a lot of problems, presumably, because of the
nature of the place, the drainage etc. systems are already in place to
deal with it -to an extent anyway.

so I've been trying to find some info on this, but haven't found much
really helpful.

The environment agency does have maps with flooding risks, but the
current ones take no account of flood defences etc., so of course the
fens are all coloured blue as a flood risk, not very helpful.

anyone have knowledge of this, or can point me to source of info?
--
Chris French, Leeds

Chris, try this website. It's a cut down version of the prog the professionals
use. You just type in your postcode and it tells you all the info you might
need. Could be a bit frightening though! Good luck.

http://www.homecheck.co.uk

Peter