IMM

Default Ariston or Vokera boiler?

"Colin eclipse 2" wrote in message

"stuart noble" wrote in message
Sorry to start another "Which combi" thread but my choices appear to be
limited by the width of the casing. At 400mm it seems to boil (sorry)

down
to the Vokera Compact 24, Ariston Microcombi 23, or Ariston Microgenus

23.
My current boiler is a similar spec to these, and is quite adequate, so

won't be considering a higher output. Much as I'd like a condenser, the
budget won't quite run to it and I'm slightly put off by the fact that

our
biggest local trade outlet (6 permanent counter staff) doesn't stock a
single condensing boiler.
Did I read somewhere that Ariston have a 2 year guarantee? Any other

reasons
to go for one or the other?
Thanks in advance.

I personally wouldn't fit a Vokera - ever (or a Potterton for that matter)

I have had too many customers having difficulties with them - I ripped one
out at the beginning of this week and fitted a glowworm the guy was so fed
up with it.

I know one fitter who did work for a housing association that only fitted
Vokera condensers as they found them reliable.